Terms & Copyrights
- This website is operated by New Zealand Blood Service (NZBS)
- By accessing or using this web site (Site) or by registering or using the site (User) you agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms (Terms).
- NZBS reserves the right at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or delete portions of these Terms at any time without further notice. If we do this, we will post the changes to these Terms on this page and will indicate at the bottom of the page the date these terms were last revised.
- You continued use of the Site after any change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms
- If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Terms do not use or access this Site.
- It is your responsibility to regularly check the Site to determine if there have been changes to these Terms and to review such changes.
- You must be 16 years or older to register by uploading photos, profiles, messages, notes, text, information, music, video, and other content you upload, publish or display (User Content) to the Site
- If you have submitted User Content you agree that:
- You are 16 years of age or older.
- You have provided accurate, current and complete information.
- You will maintain the security of any password or registration identity that is allocated to you.
- You will be fully responsible for all use of your registration and for any actions that take place in name of your registration.
- You are solely responsible for any User Content you upload to the Site.
- You may not post User Content on the Site that is not your own personal information, or personal information of a family member or close friend unless the relevant family member or friend has specifically authorised you to post the User Content on the Site.
- You understand and agree that NZBS will review all User Content which you post and may at its sole discretion delete, remove, edit any part of the User Content, or decline to use all or any part of the User Content, for any reason or no reason.
- When you post User Content to the Site, you authorise and direct NZBS to make such copies as we deem necessary in order to facilitate use of the Site.
- By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to NZBS an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute the User Content or any part of it for any purpose.
- You agree that NZBS may, in its sole discretion:
- Feature any of the User Content on the Site as a ‘story’ or promote the User Content in any other way including use of the User Content in any NZBS marketing campaign or collateral, press releases, on websites or for educational purposes.
- Alter or vary the User Content in any manner.
- Use the User Content or any alterations to it without attributing you as the author.
- You understand and agree that you will not receive any remuneration for posting User Content to the Site or for any further use of the User Content by NZBS.
- By posting User Content to the Site you release NZBS from any claim by you or anyone on your behalf arising out of the User Content.
- You may request removal of User Content you have posted from the Site at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You understand that any existing commitments of NZBS that use the User Content, or any alterations to it will not be affected by your request and any material that has been printed but not yet distributed may be used until printed stocks are exhausted.
- You understand that the Site is available for personal, non-commercial use only.
- You represent, warrant and agree that:
- All User Content:
- Relates to you, your family or friends; and
- Has been created by you; and
- If it relates to your family or friends, that you have their permission to post the User Content on the Site;
- No materials of any kind submitted through your registration or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Site will violate or infringe upon the rights or any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
- In addition, you agree not to use the Site to:
- In any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site.
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site;
- Registration on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or registering on behalf of any group or entity;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself;
- Post any User Content that:
- NZBS deems to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- includes any private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses;
- In the sole judgement NZBS, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose NZBS or its users to any harm or liability of any type
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or the Site.
- NZBS collects and retains personal information about you as a result of you using the Site and posting User Content. The personal information is used by NZBS for the following purposes:
- To operate and administer the Site;
- To confirm against NZBS or other records that you have received blood components or blood products in New Zealand;
- To improve the Site;
- To communicate with you for any purpose relating to the Site in connection with the Terms;
- For general marketing or publicity purposes for the purpose of recruiting blood donors and promotion of NZBS;
- To enforce its rights under these Terms.
Personal information collected from or about you for the above purposes will be retained by NZBS in its database. NZBS will not share any private information with any other person without your prior permission. You have the right to access any personal information and to correct or delete any personal information from the database. You can do this by sending an email or letter request to
The Privacy Officer
New Zealand Blood Service
Private Bag 92071
Victoria Street West
For more information around privacy go our Privacy and Cookies Page
- All content on the Site including but not limited to designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement including any copyright works embodies therein (Site Content), are the property of NZBS.
- No Site Content may by modified, copies, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of NZBS.
- You may not upload or republish Site Content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporate the information in any other database or compilation, and any other use of the Site Content in strictly prohibited.
- Any use of the Site or the Site Content other than as specifically authorised herein, without the prior written permission of NZBS, is strictly prohibited.
Crown copyright ©. Copyright material on the New Zealand Blood Service website is protected by copyright owned by New Zealand Blood Service. Unless indicated otherwise for specific items or collections of content (either below or within specific items or collections), this copyright material is licensed for re-use under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence(external link). In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the material, as long as you attribute it to New Zealand Blood Service and abide by the other licence terms. Please note that this licence does not apply to any logos, emblems and trade marks on the website or to the website's design elements or to any photography and imagery. Those specific items may not be re-used without express permission.
1) NZBS trademarks may not be copies imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of NZBS.
- NZBS is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content on the Site.
- The site may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons.
- NZBS assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defects, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of, the Site.
- NZBS reserves the right to change any and all content, software and other items used or contained in the Site at any time without notice.
- NZBS, its directors, employees or agents shall not be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages, including for any lost data arising from your use of the Site, even if NZBS is aware or has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- NZBS may terminate your registration, delete any personal information and any User Content posted on the Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Site for any reason, or not reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
- The Terms will be construed and take effect as a contract made in New Zealand and will be governed by New Zealand law and shall be subject to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and NZBS regarding the use of the Site and supersede any prior Terms relating to the use of the Site.
- The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right.
Back to top