Privacy & cookies
NZBS collects and retains personal information about you as a result of you using the Site (www.nzblood.co.nz) , posting User Content, making a blood donation or signing up to be a blood donor.
- We do not collect identifiable information about you if you only browse our website.
- We do not collect personal information on this site unless you choose to give it to us.
- Where you voluntarily provide personal information (e.g. through online/physical forms or email requests), we are required as a minimum to hold your personal information as directed under the Privacy Act 1993. The Privacy Act 1993 regulates us through the Information Privacy Principles as to how we collect, use, hold, disclose, access, correct, manage and dispose of your personal information.
- Some information (e.g. site browsing patterns) is automatically retrieved while visiting our site. Please be assured that in the event that any personal information is sourced we only use this information in aggregate form so that no effort is made to identify individual visitors.
Use and disclosure:
- The personal informationis used by NZBS for the following purposes:
- To operate, administer and improve the Site;
- To confirm against NZBS or other records that you have received blood components or blood products in New Zealand;
- To assess your eligibility to give blood;
- To communicate with you about your blood donation;
- To communicate with you for any purpose relating to the Site in connection with the Terms;
- For general marketing or publicity for the purpose of recruiting blood donors and promotion of NZBS (this includes utilising social media channels);
- To enforce its rights under the Terms.
- For the purpose for which you supplied it or, in exceptional situations, for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act 1993.
- We generally do not share your personal information with others unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you gave us the information. Occasionally the law may require us to disclose it (for instance to investigate a criminal offence), or there may be safety reasons for disclosing it.
- We analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services.
Your Rights and Choices:
- Information provided will be held by New Zealand Blood Service.
- We are happy to provide you with access to any personal information that we hold about you. If it is wrong, please ask us to correct it. To ask for access and correction, please contact the New Zealand Blood Service Privacy Officer using the details below.
Contact The Privacy Officer:
- Personal information collected from or about you for the above purposes will be retained by NZBS in its database. NZBS will not share any private information with any other person without your prior permission. You have the right to access any personal information and to correct or delete any personal information from the database. You can do this by sending an email or letter request to:
The Privacy Officer
New Zealand Blood Service
Private Bag 92071
Victoria Street West
- This website places a cookie on the hard drive of your computer.
- A cookie is a file which allows NZBS to track and target the interests of users, and serve ads based on your prior visits to this website.
- While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of the site, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. (The management of cookies will be different depending on each users PC refer to your browser help menu for further information).
Terms and Copyright page:http://www.nzblood.co.nz/footer/accessibility-2/ (external link)
Back to top