Privacy, copyright & cookies
This privacy notice applies to personal information that we collect through this website: www.nzblood.co.nz
- We do not collect identifiable information about you if you only browse our website.
- We do not collect personal information on this site unless you choose to give it to us.
- Where you voluntarily provide personal information (e.g. through online forms or email requests), we are required as a minimum to hold your personal information as directed under the Privacy Act 1993. The Privacy Act 1993 regulates us through the Information Privacy Principles as to how we collect, use, hold, disclose, access, correct, manage and dispose of your personal information.
- Some information (e.g. site browsing patterns) is automatically retrieved while visiting our site. Please be assured that in the event that any personal information is sourced we only use this information in aggregate form so that no effort is made to identify individual visitors.
Use and disclosure:
- We will only use personal information that you provide to us through this site for the purposes for which you supplied it or, in exceptional situations, for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act 1993.
- We generally do not share your personal information with others unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you gave us the information. Occasionally the law may require us to disclose it (for instance to investigate a criminal offence), or there may be safety reasons for disclosing it.
- We analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services.
Your Rights and Choices:
- Information provided will be held by New Zealand Blood Service.
- We are happy to provide you with access to any personal information that we hold about you. If it is wrong, please ask us to correct it. To ask for access and correction, please contact the New Zealand Blood Service Privacy Officer using the details below.
Contact The Privacy Officer:
- To view any personal information held by us, or if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold and wish to request its correction, contact The Privacy Officer at:
The Privacy Officer
New Zealand Blood Service
Private Bag 92071
Victoria Street West
- For more information on privacy see The Privacy Commissioner's Website.
- New Zealand Blood Service (NZBS) copyrights the information on this site. All rights reserved. The material on this website is protected by copyright.
- You may utilise any of the material available on the website free of charge and without permission from NZBS provided that the material is not altered and the source and copyright status of the material is acknowledged.
- This website places a cookie on the hard drive of your computer.
- A “cookie” is a file which allows NZBS to track and target the interests of users, and serve ads based on your prior visits to this website.
- While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of the site, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. (The management of cookies will be different depending on each user’s PC – refer to your browser help menu for further information).
Published on: 06 Oct 2013