Volunteer for NZ Blood Service
Be part of our team. Have fun working with blood donors, other volunteers and staff members.
By joining our dedicated team of volunteers, you can help maintain a safe and ample blood supply for all patients in our community. Not only do volunteers provide services to blood donors, but volunteers also play a critical role in supporting a variety of our operations.
You can participate in this important community service by working a schedule to fit your needs in a unique environment with supportive colleagues.
Volunteers are needed Monday to Friday to work in a shift roster arrangement.
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
To be a volunteer you need to:
- have a genuine interest in helping and caring for others,
- have excellent interpersonal skills and be customer, consumer and donor focused,
- have good personal presentation,
- be willing to learn new skills and use initiative,
- have the ability to work as a team member or work alone,
- be calm and effective under pressure,
- be physically fit,
- be able to travel between sites and/or mobile venues.
What will I do as a NZBS volunteer?
We really appreciate the time and commitment from our volunteers who work with our staff to help us;
- support and assist in the recruitment of donors,
- serve refreshments to blood donors,
- meet and greet donors when they attend a collection session, and
- assist with administration associated tasks.
You may need to download Adobe Reader to view the PDF files. It is available free from the Adobe site.