On-Site Collection Service
The on-site collection service is when a team of staff from NZBS come to your workplace or organisation and set up equipment in a suitable room to collect the donors’ blood on site.
Please contact your local Donor Centre to find out more about this process, as there are some requirements that need to be met for this service. A NZBS Donor Recruiter will be more than happy to come and meet with you to discuss these requirements.
How does the mobile service work?
NZBS Donor Recruiter and the workplace or organisation’s contact, the Donor Co-ordinator, meet to discuss the requirements.
- The date (weekdays only – please be aware that dates will need to be booked well in advance)
- Start and finish time
- Venue, i.e. a room with sufficient space
- Facilities required — water, power etc.
- Expected number of donors agreed, usually at least 50
On the day:
- The NZBS team arrives about half an hour before the start time to set up the donor beds and other equipment
- Blood is collected from the donors for the duration of the agreed hours
- Each donor should only need about 45 - 60 minutes
- At the end of the session the NZBS team packs up and takes everything away
Please note that as this is a popular service the availability of the NZBS team may be limited, so please contact us as soon as possible so we can work to secure a suitable date for your organisation.