Donor Shuttle Service
The donor shuttle service is provided by NZBS to take donors from workplaces and other organisations to the donor centre or blood drive and back again after they have donated blood.
- Communication between NZBS Donor Recruiter and the workplace or organisation’s contact person - the Donor Co-ordinator
- The Donor Co-ordinator communicates with potential donors in their workplace or organisation
- Number of donors for the donor shuttle service notified to NZBS (usually 3 or more)
- Appointment times are made and confirmed
- NZBS transport or taxi(s) collects donors at an agreed time to take them to the Donor Centre or blood drive
- Donors take about 45-60 minutes to register, give blood and have refreshments
- Donors transported back to work
- The whole process is completed in about an hour and a half
Please note: this service maybe limited at some NZBS sites, please contact your nearest donor centre to find out more.
"Getting a group from work to donate blood is such a simple thing to do. The Donor Shuttle Service is very convenient and the NZBS team are always friendly and look after us well. Our team enjoy the time out of the office, it gives us a chance to put our feet up and the biscuits always go down well – and we are helping to save lives at the same time!"Angelique Blank, Aimia