Ministers relevant to NZBS
The Responsible Minister for the New Zealand Blood Service is the Hon. Tony Ryall, Minister of Health. The Associate Ministers of Health are: Hon. Dr Jonathan Coleman, Hon. Tariana Turia, and Hon. Peter Dunne.
The role of the responsible Minister is to oversee and manage the Crown's interests in, and relationship with the New Zealand Blood Service, and to exercise any statutory responsibilities given to the Minister, including functions, and powers -
- in relation to the appointment and removal of Board members
- to determine the remuneration of some Board members
- in relation to the giving of directions to the entity
- to review the operations and performance of the entity
- to request information from the entity, whether for a review or otherwise:
- to participate in the process of setting and monitoring the entity's strategic direction and targets
- in relation to other matters in the Crown Entities Act 2004 or another Act.
- Hon. Tony Ryall, Minister of Health
- Hon. Tariana Turia, Associate Minister of Health
- Hon. Todd McClay, Associate Minister of Health
- Hon. Jo Goodhew, Associate Minister of Health